CENTER FOR ADOLESCENT HEALTH AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
THEME: Making Menstruation A Normal Fact of Life By 2030
Menstrual Hygiene Day
On Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022, we are working to break the silence around periods, tackle the stigma often associated with them, and raise awareness of the importance of menstrual hygiene for adolescent girls.
When is Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022, and what is it?
Menstrual Hygiene Day takes place on 28 May every year. It’s a chance to highlight the importance of menstrual care, and raise awareness about the issues faced by those who don’t have access to sanitary products.
Access to sanitary products, safe, hygienic spaces in which to use them, and the right to manage menstruation without shame or stigma, is essential for every adolescent girl.
But for too many, that’s not the reality.
Menstrual Hygiene Day theme 2022
The theme of Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022 is: making menstruation a normal fact of life by 2030. The overarching goal is to build a world where no girl or woman is held back because they menstruate by 2030.
To commemorate this day, we are organizing an arts contest for adolescents to visualize their understanding of menstruation in form of drawings and supporting videos explaining the arts concept
1. The drawing should correlate with the theme of the menstrual hygiene day. You will be requested to provide the following to complete your submission:
• A high-quality image of your drawing
• A supporting video (2 mins max.)
2. Submission must be made directly to the organization’s email- email@example.com
3. Double-blind peer review process will be conducted under the guidance of the selected review team within two weeks after the abstract submission deadline.
4. The review team will make the final decision on submissions.
5. Results of the arts review will be sent to the email of the contestant within two weeks after the submission deadline (conditions apply if there is an emergency).
6. Notices of acceptance or rejection of the entries will be sent to the contestants, with reviewer comments where applicable.
7. If revisions are required according to the reviewer comments, the revised entry must be sent back within a week.
8. All contestants may only make one submission each.
9. All contestants are expected to be adolescents within the age range 13-19 years
Criteria for acceptance
The decision to accept or reject an entry will be based on:
A. compliance with the rules stated above
B. clarity, cohesion, quality and relevance to the theme
C. Presence of supporting videos within time limit of 2 mins
Submission of entries
All proposals must be made via the official email by 3rd of June 2022.
On submission of the entry, the contestant will receive an automated email confirming receipt.