Web dialogue with MHM Champions at 2pm SAST
Welcome and Opening remarks: Dr Julitta Onabanjo – Acting Deputy Executive Director (Programme), UNFPA
• Key MHM issues and challenges during COVID-19
• Opportunities for MHM policy and programming
Ms Justine Coulson – Acting Regional Director, UNFPA ESARO (Moderator)
Panel discussion Speakers
● Ms. Laura Amaya: FSG: COVID-19 Influence on the MHM landscape – opportunities to fast-track MHM responses
● Janet Mbugua: Influencer, Author of My First Time: Keeping MHM on the Radar during COVID-19: The Importance of Communication
● Renjini Devaki (PhD) – MIET & Mags Beksinska (PhD) – MatCH Research Unit (MRU): Programme Implementation During COVID-19: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities.
● Alice Wambui – Youth Activist & Social Entrepreneur, Days for Girls; Young People, MHM and COVID-19: Issues, Lessons and Opportunities.
● Jasmine Burton – Toilet Board Commission: MHM and Waste Disposal in the COVID-19 era.
● Charlotte Soulary – Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition: Reproductive health / MHM Products and Supplies During COVID-19: Issues, Challenges and Successes.
* Sharing MHM innovations