As part of the HerWASH project activities to Celebrate this years’ Menstrual Hygiene Day, WaterAid Liberia and its Partner PHIL is collaborating with the Ministry of Health to launch of a National campaign on Menstrual Health and Menstrual Hygiene Management.
The that brings almost all actors working on MHM and MH together in the spirit of commemorating MHM Day
The Campaign , which is under the theme; “Make Menstrual Health and Hygiene a Priority : from silence to Speaking Out”, seeks to break the silence around menstruation and call for increase Investment in MHM with the tagline “#ThePeriodCampaignLR.
At part of the activities to mark the Menstrual Hygiene, day, the following activities will be held:
• Develop and Disseminate Key messages and Social Media Tool Kit for Campaign
• Launch of Campaign: 27th , May 19 letters going out,
• Host Panel discussion targeting 3 widely listened to Radios at the national level ( National Female Influencers and MHM Champions)
• Create Mass Awareness at Community level
• Petition joint House committee on Health, and Gender, Women and Social protection to pass a Period Bill
• Produce MHM stories documentary for use on Social media and YouTube