The Red Thiruvizha is an initiative to encourage women to talk about menstruation without hesitation and share their experiences. This ‘women-only’ event, is being planned for the women employees of offices situated in Chaitanya Exotica. The entire programme will be facilitated by menstrual hygiene experts. A leading gynecologist from Apollo Hospital will be present to clear doubts and answer questions relating to menstruation, menstrual hygiene and health. Topics around menstrual hygiene such as menstrual health, informed choice, safe disposal etc. will be discussed through games and interactions.
A week long campaign supported by RJ Mridula, Big FM chennai from 27th to 31st May aired between 10 am and 1 pm, to discuss the themes:
1. Breaking the silence – Geetha Ilangovan
2. Moving beyond Taboos – Padmavathi
3. Menstrual Health Knowledge – Dr Amuda Hari
4. Informed Choice – Kavya Menon, Aware
5. MHM and Sanitation – TNUSSP Team