SCORA (Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS) of IFMSA Bangladesh is rolling out SCORA:World Menstrual Hygeiene Day ’16: #BreakingTaboos- Seminar and Campaign powered by Freedom Sanitary Napkins.
The event will run simultaneously in two phases
1. Free Sanitary Napkin Distribution to all patients across all Medical College Hospitals (64) across Bangladesh appearing or previously admitted at these hospitals under the ObGyn Department on 28th May, 2016
Our Target Reach is reach 15,000 people especially in the rural peripheries, and to introduce them to sanitary napkins and counsel them on menstrual hygiene and the superiority of pads to cloth alternatives and subsequently to drive out stigma and myths about menstruation.
2. We are also arranging a Scientific Seminar with top the Gynecologists in the Country (Courtesy of Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, Bangladesh) and Medical Students from Medical Colleges across the country who are IFMSA Bangladesh Members, on the 28th of May, at ACI Center, Dhaka. the programme will be covered by several Media Outlets.
Theme: “Role of Medical Practitioners in Menstrual Counselling: Breaking Taboos”
1. Behavioral Practices in women regarding menstruation and their impact on health.
2. Dysmenorrhea and Abnormal Menstruation.
3. Role of medical Students in Menstrual Counselling: A comprehensive approach to counselling.
4. Menstruation: Social Stigma and Overcoming Taboos