Menstrual Hygiene Day events
Find MH Day events in your area and online
Submit your event!
Have images to share?
We are launching a campaign to raise awareness about the menstrual period targeting parents and teens. We have collaborated with different entities and individuals to raise our voice and bring awareness about this topic in the Arab region.
- Organisation: Toofoola
- Event link: https://www.teens.toofoola.com/
Periods has always been a topic surrounded with multiple taboos, stigma, and myths. Even the urban audience hesitate to strike conversations about safe menstrual hygiene practices. Youngistaan Foundation aims towards using arts, dialogues, awareness, training and satire as a means to end period stigma and start a dialogue around menstrual hygiene.
- Organisation: Youngistaan Foundation
- Event link: https://youngistaanfoundation.org/mhm-campaign-22/
Awareness-raising about menstrual cycle linked to issues as sexuality, desired motherhood, gender diversity, sexual and reproductive rights, health, and others.
- Organisation: In Yaakumen
- Event link: https://www.instagram.com/in.yaakumen/
Amplifying the Access to Improved Menstrual Hygiene Menagement and Promoting the Rights of Girls in Schools – Cameroon
Menstrual Hygiene Day is an annual awareness day on May 28 to help break the silence and build awareness about the fundamental role that good menstrual hygiene management (MHM) plays in enabling women and girls to reach their full potential. UNESCO estimates that one in 10 girls in Africa misses one to 4 days of […]
- Organisation: Mother of Hope Cameroon -MOHCAM
- Event link: https://www.facebook.com/motherofhopecameroon/
We are celebrating all month across Kericho – each day we are in a different community with 25 participants each day. On the 26th May we will celebrate in Chebewor Primary School with up to 300 participants!
- Organisation: Brighter Communities Worldwide
- Event link: https://tinyurl.com/58k2hv49
Like every year, Period! Magazine publishes an article about why MH Day is still needed. Of course we will support MH Day via our social media channels too!
- Organisation: Period! Magazine
- Event link: https://www.period.media/culture/mh-day-because-people-still-believe-in-the-strangest-myths/
Contribuer et améliorer l’accès aux produits d’hygiène menstruelle en milieu pour réduire l’exposition à toute de discrimination, de stigmatisation, de contrainte ou de violence que ce soit en vers les femmes et les filles. 1) Conscientisation de la population les droits et la santé sexuels et reproductifs à travers une campagne de sensibilisation sur le […]
- Organisation: Association au Secours des Filles Mères : ASFM
- Event link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CX6Ef7UuXTB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
The goal of this campaign during this menstrual month is to raise funds to build a girl’s latrine at Kingere Primary School in kyotera district – rural Uganda. By dedicating more time and money to sanitation efforts, we can help reduce diseases through construction of dignifying facilities to enable girls deal with their special needs.
- Organisation: Dreams of the Tropical Youth Uganda
- Event link: https://gofund.me/7c499bb3
Conducting sessions with girls and boys on the changes resulting from puberty. Distribution of samples of menstrual products and booklets about puberty and menstruation.
- Organisation: Câmara Municipal de Serpa, Portugal
- Event link: https://pt-pt.facebook.com/SerpaTerraForte
*Distribution of sanitary towels to young girls in rural schools *Seminar on Menstrual hygiene management
- Organisation: Harvestingstars International Youths Foundation
- Event link: https://www.harvestingstarsyouthfoundation.org