Be a part of the MH Day 2019 highlight video
Help us create a global call to action!
The theme of MH Day 2019 is “It’s time for action!”
In collaboration with you, we want to create a video that shows the action people around the globe think is needed to create a world in which women and girls are no longer limited because of their periods.
The idea is that MH Day partners like you send us short videos that we will then edit and turn into the MH Day 2019 highlight video to be released just ahead of MH Day!
WHAT THE VIDEO SHOULD SHOW
The video should show women, girls, boys and men responding to the following question:
What do you think is needed to create a world in which women and girls are no longer limited because of their periods?
Just name one priority, e.g. “period education for all girls,” “end the period stigma,” “no more period shaming”, “bins in our school toilets,” “menstrual products must be affordable for all.”
HOW TO SAY IT
Ask an individual or group of people to answer the above question. While it would be great if you could film other people, it’s also ok to record colleagues or yourself. If you film other people, especially girls or boys, please make sure that you submit the signed Release of Rights (see below) together with your video.
Participants can say one word or a short sentence (10 words max, no speeches!) They can paint it, write it on a banner or placard, speak it alone or in a group. They should be loud and clear! They can shout it, scream it, sing it, dance it, or use their bodies!
HOW TO FILM IT
- The video must be shot in high definition (HD) – it can be shot on a smartphone, camera, tablet, or any other device, but it must be HD quality
- The video must be in horizontal format, please don’t shot extreme close ups and avoid extreme camera panning
- Only submit single shots – edited videos will not be included in the final film
- Reduce background sounds as much as possible
- Do not mix dialogue (speech) with music
- The video cannot be longer than one minute! Longer submissions will not be included in the final film
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO
- Email it or send it via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload it on YouTube or Google Drive and send the link to email@example.com
- Please do not share via Instagram or Facebook, because the video will be compressed and the quality will not be good enough to use
- You are welcome to speak in a language other than English, but please write a clear description of what has been said. This will be used to subtitle the video, so it must be exactly what is said, not what was intended
- Tell us which country the video was shot in
- Please indicate who the person in the video is. If they are a decision maker or a celebrity, please let us know and share their Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram handles with us.
- If you wish to submit multiple videos, upload each video separately. Do not edit them together into one video
Please download and carefully read the Release of Rights. If you film other people, especially girls or boys, please make sure that you submit the signed Release of Rights together with your video.